- Published: Wednesday, 07 May 2014 15:16
- Hits: 14460
- Within 60 days (during which time the hens are immunized 4 times), you will receive 0.5 gram purified (>90% pure) IgY from your immunized hen (as well as a pre-immune IgY sample).
- This service is designed to provide researchers with a quick supply of sufficient custom chicken antibody to carry out a research project. An immunization/production schedule is provided for every project.
- See our selection of Anti-Chicken Immunoglobulin Secondary Reagents
- Hens are housed and eggs are collected for an additional 2 weeks following delivery. At this time, the customer may choose to purchase more IgY.
Want to Start a Project?
How much antigen should you ship us?
We recommend immunization with, between 0.5 and 2 milligrams of purified or recombinant protein per hen and prefer a concentration of at least 2 mg/ml. If possible, please supply us with 4 vials of immunogen (for 4 immunizations), the first vial (for the primary immunization) with twice as much antigen as the others. If you would like your IgY affinity purified, we need an additional 5 mg protein at a concentration greater than 3 mg/ml to make an affinity column.
Where do you ship your antigen?
Ship your purified immunogen, recombinant protein or peptide conjugate to us at:
Exalpha Biologicals, Inc.
2 Shaker Road Unit B101
As soon as we start the immunization, we will e-mail you an immunization/production schedule so you'll know exactly when you can expect your custom IgY.
Do you want us to make your peptide(s)?
Please have a look at our Peptide synthesis page and fill out the custom peptide order form. You may order your custom IgY production on-line or by faxing us the order form. Approximately 3 to 4 weeks after you place your peptide order, we will be contacting you by e-mail with your immunization/production schedule.
Do you want us to Affinity Purify your Custom IgY?
Please have a look at our Affinity Purification page
The cost includes immunizations, animal care and IgY purification from immune and pre-immune eggs.
We will be happy to modify our immunization schedule to meet your needs:
*This price is for pooled IgY antibody purifications. We can provide separate IgY antibody purifications on request.
Want To Continue Your Project?
A single hen, if she is in a typical laying period will produce between 1.5 and 3 grams IgY every month. Within 14 days of receipt of immune IgY, our customer has a choice to purchase additional grams of immune IgY:
If you want to purchase more than 1 gram IgY, or perhaps you haven't decided whether you want to purchase more IgY, or maybe you just want the option in the future to boost your hen and generate some more IgY, you may board your hen with us: